With the holiday season upon us, the choice of a beach holiday vs a city break is on everyone’s mind. Whilst beach holidays are perfect for relaxing, city breaks offer the chance to experience difference cultures and explore new cities. My next four fashion blogs will be about the four fashion capitals of the world and how you can re-create a different look for each city.
Paris. New York. London. Milan.
First, let me take you to the streets of Paris where the people are quiet but interesting, the streets are calm but alive and the fashion is casual but stylish. These looks are inspired by the streets of Paris.
The French were the first to make an industry out of fashion. With the release of YSL pret-a-porter line which made fashion accessible to everyone.
The casual and laid back lifestyle of Paris is reflected in the fashion. By wearing minimal make up, and casual sophisticated clothing, French fashion is easy to re-create.
For a day of exploring Paris, it’s important to be comfortable and practical but no one said that practical clothing had to be boring!
- Pair some denim skinny jeans with a basic white peter-pan collar t-shirt and you have the comfortable part of the outfit.
- Pastel colours are very on trend this season which is why this oversized pale pink coat is perfect for laid back Parisian style.
- And finally, to complete the outfit, add a pair of brogues and a tanned rucksack.
Your make-up should be natural and subtle. A loose side plait is easy to do and complements the look.
You are now ready to wander around the most beautiful city in the world!
Paris is a city known for its sophistication and beauty. You could choose to stroll down the Champs de elysee, soaking up the elegant streetscape and wandering into whichever bar or restaurant takes your fancy.
Time Out: Paris is a good place to start researching exciting places for eating and drinking Parisian style, and if your heart is set on a particular venue, do try to book in advance.
Whatever your destination, going from day to night you will want to take your look from casual to sophisticated…
- Start with a black gathered skirt like this one from beaumontorganic, then add a plain white blouse for a classic monochrome look.
- This navy oversized jacket from fashion-conscience complements the nude clutch and monochrome style. Throw on a pair of patent black heels, grab your nude clutch and you are ready to explore Paris by night.
- To make a plain blouse more interesting, try tucking it in and layering with gold accessories from fashion-conscience.
- To give the skirt some volume you can pair it with a black lace tutu, giving it a fuller shape.
In the next blog we are flying overseas from Paris to New York and discovering a completely different style!